Motorola phone users may experience a variety of common issues with their devices. These problems can often be fixed through troubleshooting. This guide will provide information on how to identify and fix some of the most common issues with Motorola phones.
- 1 What are Some Common Issues with Motorola Phones?
- 2 Select Your Motorola Device to Fix Common Problems
- 3 How to Fix Common Motorola Phones Issues?
- 4 High Battery Drainage Problem in Motorola Phones
- 5 Screen Gets Stuck & Unresponsive in Motorola Phones
- 6 Motorola Phones Stuck on Boot Screen
- 7 Overheating Problem in Motorola Phones
- 8 Trouble Connecting to Wi-Fi in Motorola Phones
- 9 Apps Not Downloading from Google Play Store on Motorola Phones
- 10 Bluetooth Issues on Motorola Phones
- 11 Text Messages Not Sending in Motorola Phones
- 12 Network Problem in Motorola Phones
- 13 Motorola Phones Camera Issues
- 14 Motorola Phones Suddenly Turn OFF and Not Turning ON
- 15 Motorola Phones Keeps Restarting
- 16 Ghost Touch Issue on Motorola Phones
- 17 Motorola Phones GPS Not Working
- 18 Motorola Phones Slow Charging
- 19 Apps crashing and freezing on Motorola Phones
- 20 Can’t Download Images from WhatsApp on Motorola Phones
- 21 Common Troubleshooting Steps for Motorola Devices
- 22 Conclusion
What are Some Common Issues with Motorola Phones?
If you’re a Motorola phone user, you may have experienced some common issues with your device. Here are some of the most frequently reported problems, along with a few tips on how to fix them.
1. Battery Life: One of the most common issues with Motorola phones is battery life. If you’re finding that your phone’s battery is draining too quickly, there are a few things you can do to help extend its life.
First, make sure you’re not running any power-hungry apps in the background. You can also try reducing the brightness of your screen, or disabling features like Bluetooth and GPS when you’re not using them.
2. Camera Quality: Another common issue with Motorola phones is the quality of the camera. If you’re not happy with the photos your phone is taking, there are a few things you can do to improve them.
First, make sure you’re using the highest quality setting for your camera. You can also try using a different camera app, or editing your photos after you’ve taken them.
3. Slow Performance: If your Motorola phone is starting to feel slow, there are a few things you can do to speed it up.
First, clear your cache and data. You can also try uninstalling any unused apps, or resetting your phone to its factory settings.
4. Overheating: Overheating is another common issue with Motorola phones. If your phone is getting too hot, there are a few things you can do to cool it down.
First, try turning off any unnecessary features like Bluetooth and GPS. You can also try removing any case or cover that might be trapping heat.
5. Touchscreen Issues: Touchscreen issues are another common problem with Motorola phones. If your touchscreen is unresponsive or inaccurate, there are a few things you can do to improve it.
First, make sure your screen is clean and free of any fingerprints or smudges. You can also try recalibrating your touchscreen, or using a different touchscreen app.
If you’re experiencing any of these common issues with your Motorola phone, try following these tips to fix them.
Related: Common Problems in Android Phones
We have also written dedicated articles for all Motorola phones out there.
Select Your Motorola Device to Fix Common Problems
- Motorola Moto E22s
- Motorola Edge 30 Neo
- Motorola Edge 30 Fusion
- Motorola Edge 30 Ultra
- Motorola Moto E22
- Motorola Moto E22i
- Motorola Moto G72
- Motorola Moto E32 (India)
- Motorola Moto G Play (2023)
- Motorola Moto X40
- Motorola ThinkPhone
- Motorola Moto E13
- Motorola Moto G13
- Motorola Moto G23
- Motorola Moto G53
- Motorola Moto G73
- Moto G9 series
- Motorola DROID Turbo
- Motorola Nexus 6
- Motorola Moto E (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto E Dual SIM (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen)
- Motorola Moto G Dual SIM (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto G 4G Dual SIM (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto G 4G (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto Maxx
- Motorola Moto G5
- Motorola Edge S30
- Motorola Edge+ 5G UW (2022)
- Motorola Moto Z Play
- Motorola Moto X Style
- Motorola Moto C
- Motorola Moto C Plus
- Motorola Moto 360 42mm (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto Tab G70
- Motorola Edge X30
- Motorola Moto X Play
- Motorola Moto G Dual SIM (3rd gen)
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus
- Motorola Moto 360 (1st gen)
- Motorola Moto 360 Sport (1st gen)
- Motorola Moto X Play Dual SIM
- Motorola Moto G (3rd gen)
- Motorola Moto Z Force
- Motorola Moto G22
- Motorola Moto G71 5G
- Motorola Moto E3 Power
- Motorola Moto E3
- Motorola Moto 360 46mm (2nd gen)
- Motorola Moto M
- Motorola Moto G200 5G
- Motorola Moto G Stylus (2022)
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro
- Motorola Droid Maxx 2
- Motorola Edge 30
- Motorola Moto G62 5G
- Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- Motorola Moto G42
- Motorola Moto G82
- Motorola Moto G5S
- Motorola Moto Z
- Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)
- Motorola Moto G4
- Motorola Moto G52
- Motorola Moto E4 (USA)
- Motorola Edge (2022)
- Motorola Moto E32s
- Motorola Moto S30 Pro
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force
- Motorola Moto X Force
- Motorola Moto G4 Plus
- Motorola Moto E4 Plus
- Motorola Moto E4 Plus (USA)
- Motorola Moto E32
- Motorola Droid Turbo 2
- Motorola Moto G71s
- Motorola Moto Tab G62
- Motorola Moto X4
- Motorola Moto X30 Pro
- Motorola Moto G Turbo
- Motorola Moto G62 (India)
- Motorola Moto Razr 2022
- Motorola Moto G (2022)
- Motorola Moto E4
- Motorola Moto G32
- Motorola Moto Z2 Play
- Motorola Moto G4 Play
- Motorola Moto E5
- Motorola P30
- Motorola Moto E5 Play
- Motorola Moto G6
- Motorola Moto G6 Play
- Motorola Moto G6 Plus
- Motorola Moto X5
- Motorola Moto E5 Play Go
- Motorola Moto E5 Plus
- Motorola Moto Z3
- Motorola One (P30 Play)
- Motorola Moto G7 Plus
- Motorola Moto G7
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- Motorola Moto E5 Cruise
- Motorola Moto G7 Power
- Motorola Moto Z3 Play
- Motorola Moto G51 5G
- Motorola One Power (P30 Note)
- Motorola Moto G8 Plus
- Motorola Moto G41
- Motorola One Action
- Motorola Moto Watch 100
- Motorola One Vision
- Motorola Moto E6
- Motorola Moto G Power (2022)
- Motorola Moto E40
- Motorola Moto E6 Play
- Motorola Moto Z4
- Motorola Tab G20
- Motorola Moto E6 Plus
- Motorola Moto G31
- Motorola G Pure
- Motorola One Macro
- Motorola Moto E30
- Motorola Edge 5G UW (2021)
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro
- Motorola Edge (2021)
- Motorola Razr 2019
- Motorola Moto E20
- Motorola One Zoom
- Motorola Moto E6s (2020)
- Motorola One Hyper
- Motorola Edge 20
- Motorola Moto G Power
- Motorola Moto G8 Power
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite
- Motorola Moto G60S
- Motorola Moto G8
- Motorola Edge 20 Fusion
- Motorola Moto G8 Play
- Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite
- Motorola Moto G60
- Motorola Moto G Stylus
- Motorola Moto G50 5G
- Motorola One Vision Plus
- Motorola Moto G10 Power
- Motorola Moto G Pro
- Motorola Moto G50
- Motorola Moto G100
- Motorola Edge+ (2020)
- Motorola Moto G Fast
- Motorola Moto E7i Power
- Motorola One Fusion
- Motorola Edge
- Motorola Moto G 5G Plus
- Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G
- Motorola Moto E (2020)
- Motorola One Fusion+
- Motorola Moto G40 Fusion
- Motorola Moto G20
- Motorola one 5G UW ace
- Motorola Defy (2021)
- Motorola One 5G UW
- Motorola Moto E6i
- Motorola Moto G Stylus (2021)
- Motorola Moto G9 (India)
- Motorola Moto G30
- Motorola Moto G10
- Motorola Moto E7 Plus
- Motorola Moto E7 Power
- Motorola Moto G9 Play
- Motorola Moto G9 Power
- Motorola Moto G Power (2021)
- Motorola Moto G 5G
- Motorola Moto G Play (2021)
- Motorola Moto G9 Plus
- Motorola Razr 5G
- Motorola One 5G
- Motorola One 5G Ace
- Motorola Edge S
- Motorola Moto E7
How to Fix Common Motorola Phones Issues?
Are you having trouble with your Motorola Phones? Maybe it’s not charging properly, the screen is cracked, or it just doesn’t seem to be working right.
In this article, we will go over some of the most common Motorola Phones issues and how to fix them.
Note: We at www.evolvearenas.com doesn’t have any responsibility if things go wrong at any point. Go ahead and check out how to fix common issues in Motorola Phones right now.
High Battery Drainage Problem in Motorola Phones
In the Motorola Phones case, you are getting a top-notch processor, which can easily handle any multi-tasking, long gaming sessions, and heavy usage in a pretty smooth manner.
The power-hungry cores need an enormous amount of battery juice to provide top-notch results, which eventually leads to faster battery drain.
You might have also noticed this in your user experience as the phone doesn’t even survive more than five hours of screen time.
There are some other cases such as you are not using the original Motorola charger too. So, here’s the method to fix the fast battery drain issue on Motorola Phones.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Battery Draining Fast?
- Go to settings → Battery → Show full device usage, to check screen time.
- Turn Off the Auto brightness feature from the settings menu.
- Open Settings → Apps → uncheck Show Notification of useless apps.
- Turn Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and mobile hotspot.
- Reduce screen time to less than a minute.
- Check out official software updates.
- Don’t overcharge the phone.
Screen Gets Stuck & Unresponsive in Motorola Phones
You have purchased the Motorola Phones for a smooth user experience and seamless touch response. But sometimes, you will notice that the screen will be stuck and doesn’t move after several swipes.
The display might have been damaged so why you are facing unresponsiveness on the screen.
If that’s the case, try to replace the product or ask for a refund if the device is under warranty period.
But before you dive into all of that hassle, let’s try some tricks to solve the screen response problem.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Keeps Freezing?
- Simply Restart your phone using the Power button.
- You can also Boot your phone into Safe Mode.
- Install the Display Tester app to examine the screen properly.
- The last step will be to Factory Reset the device.
Motorola Phones Stuck on Boot Screen
It’s quite an unusual thing that your phone might get stuck on the boot screen. Possibly, it occurs due to two following reasons.
First, if the device has some bugs, which is causing the problem. In the second case, you have tried to unlock the bootloader to flash custom ROM.
But, you don’t unlock the bootloader in a precise manner. Generally, this issue is known as boot loop, and it requires skilled technician help.
So, if it’s the second case, we highly recommend you seek a professional to solve this matter.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Stuck on Boot Screen?
- Long press the Power + Volume Up button to turn off the phone, then restart it.
- Secondly, you can try to Boot into the Safe Mode.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware update.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone.
- Delete all of the data using Hard Reset.
- Visit your nearest Motorola care center.
Overheating Problem in Motorola Phones
Overheating issues can occur due to various reasons. But, the most common scenario is that you have overcharged the device or are playing games for a few hours.
Apart from this, some users notice heat on the back panel.
Here are the following tricks from which you can easily avoid heating issues on Motorola Phones.
How to Fix Heating Issue in Motorola Phones?
- Don’t overcharge the device and use the original Motorola charger.
- You can reboot the system by clicking on following the restart process.
- Deactivate Wi-Fi, GPS location, and Bluetooth when not needed.
- Close all of the unnecessary background apps.
- Lastly, you can check for the system update.
Trouble Connecting to Wi-Fi in Motorola Phones
Nowadays, the internet has become an integral part of our life in which we can’t live without it in a single instance.
Besides this, you will obtain various information and amazing memes that will make your day happy. But for some reason, the phone isn’t able to connect with the Wi-Fi.
In that situation, you can run down to the quick fix options for the Motorola Phones Wi-Fi connection. Here are the methods!
How to Fix Motorola Phones WiFi Issue?
- Reboot the system to refresh the connectivity settings.
- Make sure that you are in the Wi-Fi range.
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and then reconnect it.
- Change if there’s any problem with the Router or Modem.
- Examine the connecting cable of Wi-Fi thoroughly.
- Finally, you can try to Reset Network Settings.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Keeps Disconnecting from Wifi?
If the Wi-Fi is still disconnecting even after resetting the network settings, then you can try out the following method.
- Press and Hold the Wi-Fi options.
- Tap on the Settings button of the preferred network.
- Select View More choice.
- Change IP settings from DHCP to Static.
- Finally, try to re-connect to the preferred network.
Apps Not Downloading from Google Play Store on Motorola Phones
Generally, you won’t face any difficulties to update and installing apps through Google Play Store.
However, if you are getting troubleshooting during the installation or updating process, the following section will provide quick solutions.
So, without any further ado, let’s begin!
How To Fix Motorola Phones Won’t Install or Update Apps in Google Play Store?
- Check the Internet connection speed.
- Restart the device to fix this issue.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Google Play Store → Storage → Clear data and Clear cache
- If the above step doesn’t work out, you have to Force Stop Google Play Store app.
- Settings → General Management → Date and time → activate Automatic date and time.
- Check whether the device has enough internal storage or not.
- Remove all of the google accounts and sign in with your primary Gmail account.
Bluetooth Issues on Motorola Phones
In the old days, Bluetooth was the sole medium to transfer data wirelessly. But nowadays, Bluetooth is severe to connect different devices.
Though, it’s quite a common problem that it doesn’t connect Bluetooth to a new device.
You don’t need any hassle as we have covered all of the tricks that will help you connect Bluetooth to Motorola Phones in a pretty simple manner.
How to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on Motorola Phones?
- Bring down the notification bar → switch off Bluetooth and then reconnect it
- Enable the Airplane Mode from the notification panel and turn it off.
- Restart your Motorola Phones once.
- Unpair the device and again search the device.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Filter options → enable show system apps → Bluetooth → Storage → Clean Cache.
- Check if the device is compatible with your phone.
- Try to connect with another smartphone or Bluetooth device.
- You can also try to Reset Network Settings.
- Update to the latest firmware update.
Text Messages Not Sending in Motorola Phones
The Android ecosystem has various apps from which you can communicate with your loved ones without any hassle.
Besides this, you can start a conversation with your friends and family.
But for some reason, the text (SMS) message is not sent to the contact or you are getting any troubleshooting. In that case, follow this guide.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Can’t Send Text (SMS) Messages?
- First, restart your device.
- Make sure SIM is inserted properly.
- Check the cellular network connection.
- Confirm that the carrier plan has outgoing SMS service.
- Long press on Message App → Tap on Force Stop.
- Delete Message App Data and Cache memory.
- Reset Network Settings to easily send text messages.
- If the above trick doesn’t work, contact your service provider.
Here is the method to Clear the Message App cache and data
- Press and hold the Message App.
- Tap on the App info.
- Click on the Storage → Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Network Problem in Motorola Phones
It’s a pretty common problem that the Motorola Phones are not showing network such as No Network Available or Unregistered SIM card, in that case, you can check out the following steps.
How to Fix Internet not working on Motorola Phones?
- Reboot your Motorola Phones smartphone.
- Re-insert SIM Card to activate networks from start.
- Enable and disable the Airplane mode to restrict networks for a few seconds.
- Enter into the Safe Mode to avoid third-party app access.
- Reset the Network Connection settings.
Here are some Advanced options.
1. Check Device Network Settings
- Open the Settings app.
- Network & Internet → Mobile Network.
- Advanced → Look for “Automatically select network” and turn it ON.
2. Turn OFF the “Roaming mode”
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on the Network & Internet → Mobile Network.
- Uncheck the “Roaming” option.
Motorola Phones Camera Issues
The camera app sometimes doesn’t work and is stuck on the camera app screen and doesn’t take photos.
Moreover, the native camera app glitches while capturing your life moment. Aside from this, camera issues can occur due to bug issues too.
In that scene, we will recommend you follow the solution section.
How to Fix Camera Issues on Motorola Phones?
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Pick the App management.
- Look for the Camera app.
- Head toward the Storage option.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Come back and click on Force Stop.
- Look for the latest Android update.
- Factory Reset the phone.
Motorola Phones Suddenly Turn OFF and Not Turning ON
The problem usually occurs when the firmware has some sort of bugs or malware. It could also happen if the internals of the smartphone is damaged.
In the worst-case scenario, you have to take your device to the nearest service center to Turn On Motorola Phones once again.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Keeps Turning OFF randomly?
- Check whether the phone has any physical or liquid damage.
- Apply Force Restart by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key.
- If it doesn’t work, connect the device to charge and then try Force Restart.
Note: If the physical or software damage, we recommend you to visit a professional ASAP.
Motorola Phones Keeps Restarting
The Motorola Phones is a decent smartphone and the company does a phenomenal job bringing impressive features.
But if you’re device keeps restarting again and again, then it probably due to firmware or UI settings.
If the device is under warranty period, we suggest you replace your unit as soon as possible. But before that, you can try to fix this problem using the following guide.
How to Fix Motorola Phones Keeps restarting Issue?
- Boot the device into the Safe mode.
- Plug into the Charger and Force Restart smartphone.
- Reset all of the Settings for a smooth experience.
- Last but not least, you can try Factory Reset too.
Ghost Touch Issue on Motorola Phones
The Motorola Phones have the best display in the market and they deliver an immersive user experience.
Although, some users have noticed that the screen is reacting atomically without giving any touch command. This problem is known as Ghost Touch.
Usually, it occurs due to firmware-related bugs and malware, while it also depends on the unit. Here are some quick fixes that will help you to fix this issue.
How to Fix Ghost Touch on Motorola Phones?
- First of all, you can try to restart your device.
- Remove back-cover to avoid accidental touch.
- Turn ON Accidental touch protection from Display settings.
- Tun Off Touch sensitivity ( Settings → Display).
- Change the Navigation bar to Swipe gestures.
- Update all of the System Apps.
- Check for the software patch updates.
- Finally, Factory Reset device.
Motorola Phones GPS Not Working
GPS makes our lives pretty simple and convenient when you are looking for a particular location.
Although, if you are facing any trouble using the GPS, then check out the following walkthrough.
How to Fix GPS Not working Issue in Motorola Phones?
- Turn Off and On GPS location button.
- Switch On and Off Airplane Mode.
- Disable the Power Saving mode.
- Go to Settings → Location → Mode → High accuracy mode.
- Clear Data and Cache of Google Maps.
Motorola Phones Slow Charging
If you are using a faster charger for a while, you will notice a difference eventually if the phone is being charged slowly. It could be due to defaulted charger or overheating issue.
Here are some tips to solve the slow charging issues.
How to Fix Slow Charging Issue on Motorola Phones?
- Replace with a new charger.
- Clean the debris inside the charging port.
- Upgrade the latest OS for stable charging.
- Verify whether you are using the original Type-C cable.
- Only use the original Charger for faster charging.
- Confirm if the port is damaged.
- Change the power outlet.
Apps crashing and freezing on Motorola Phones
It’s a pretty common scenario where the app froze and forcefully stop working in the android ecosystem smartphones.
But if you are facing app crashing problems constantly, then here are some tutorials to fix this issue to some extent.
How to fix Motorola Phones App Freezing problem?
- Force Reboot your Motorola phone.
- Ensure that you are using the latest OS version.
- Go to settings → Apps → Select the freezing app → Storage → Clear Cache & Data.
- If the above step doesn’t work, attempt to Factory reset.
Can’t Download Images from WhatsApp on Motorola Phones
Not being able to download WhatsApp images could occur due to numerous reasons.
But the most common reason would be an unstable internet connection or malfunction in the app storage settings.
To overcome this situation, you can do the following things.
- Check the internet speed and make sure have a proper data plan.
- Turn Off/On Wi-Fi and cellular data connection.
- Ensure that the Date and Time are configured precisely.
- Allow all of the necessary permission for WhatsApp.
- Head to Settings → Apps → WhatsApp → Storage → Clear Data & Cache.
Common Troubleshooting Steps for Motorola Devices
You can try the below troubleshooting steps to fix most of the device problems. By applying these steps, you may be able to get your phone back up and running in no time!
Reboot your Motorola Phones
- Long press the Power Button.
- Select the Restart option.
Hard Reboot your Motorola Phones
- Press and Hold Volume Down and Power key for 10 seconds.
Boot your Motorola Phones into Safe Mode
- Press Power Button for a few seconds.
- Select the Safe Mode option.
- That’s it!
Backup Data on Motorola Phones
- Settings → Accounts & Backup.
- Click on Back up data.
- Press on Backup by Google One switch.
Choose the preferred Gmail account from the top-right side.
Factory Reset Motorola Phones
- Open the Settings Menu.
- Pick the General Management.
- Tap on the Reset option.
- Factory Data Reset → Click on Reset.
- Finally, press Delete all.
Reset Network Settings on Motorola Phones
- Go to the Setting app.
- Tap on the General Management.
- Click on the Reset choice.
- Reset Network Settings → Reset Settings.
- Lastly, tap on the Reset and Confirm.
Wipe Cache Partition on Motorola Phones
- Long press the Volume Down + Power button to turn off the phone.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Up + Power key.
- Release all buttons when the Motorola logo appears.
- Navigate using Volume keys and select wipe cache partition by Power key.
- Then, select Reboot System Now.
- That’s it!
In conclusion, there are a few common issues that seem to plague Motorola phone users, but luckily, there are also some easy fixes. If your phone is freezing, try a soft reset by taking the battery out and putting it back in.
If that doesn’t work, try a hard reset by holding down the power and volume buttons for about 10 seconds. If your phone won’t charge, make sure to use the charger that came with the phone. If that doesn’t work, try a different outlet or charging port.
Lastly, if your phone is overheating, try to avoid using it for extended periods of time or in hot temperatures. If your phone does get too hot, turn it off and let it cool down before turning it back on.