OnePlus phones are known for their high-quality hardware and software. However, like any other phone, they are not perfect. Common issues in OnePlus phones include problems with the battery, charging, and camera. In this article, we will discuss how to fix these problems.
- 1 What are Some Common Issues with OnePlus Phones?
- 2 Select Your OnePlus Device to Fix Common Problems
- 3 How to Fix Common OnePlus Phones Issues?
- 4 High Battery Drainage Problem in OnePlus Phones
- 5 Screen Gets Stuck & Unresponsive in OnePlus Phones
- 6 OnePlus Phones Stuck on Boot Screen
- 7 Overheating Problem in OnePlus Phones
- 8 Trouble Connecting to Wi-Fi in OnePlus Phones
- 9 Apps Not Downloading from Google Play Store on OnePlus Phones
- 10 Bluetooth Issues on OnePlus Phones
- 11 Text Messages Not Sending in OnePlus Phones
- 12 Network Problem in OnePlus Phones
- 13 OnePlus Phones Camera Issues
- 14 OnePlus Phones Suddenly Turn OFF and Not Turning ON
- 15 OnePlus Phones Keeps Restarting
- 16 Ghost Touch Issue on OnePlus Phones
- 17 OnePlus Phones GPS Not Working
- 18 OnePlus Phones Slow Charging
- 19 Apps crashing and freezing on OnePlus Phones
- 20 Can’t Download Images from WhatsApp on OnePlus Phones
- 21 Common Troubleshooting Steps for OnePlus Devices
- 22 Conclusion
What are Some Common Issues with OnePlus Phones?
OnePlus phones are known for their high-quality build and powerful specs, but like any phone, they can have their share of issues. Here are some common problems that users have reported with OnePlus phones.
One common issue is that the phone will randomly reboot. This can be frustrating, especially if you’re in the middle of using your phone. One possible fix is to clear the cache partition, which can often resolve this issue.
Another common problem is that the phone will get very hot, even when you’re not using it. This is usually caused by a faulty or defective battery, and the only way to fix it is to replace the battery.
If you’re having issues with your phone, the first thing you should do is check for any updates. OnePlus often releases updates that can fix common issues. If there are no updates available, or if the updates don’t fix your issue, then you can try contacting OnePlus support.
Related: Common Phone in Android Phones
We have also written dedicated articles for all OnePlus phones out there.
Select Your OnePlus Device to Fix Common Problems
- OnePlus Nord N20 5G
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- OnePlus Ace Racing
- OnePlus Ace Pro
- OnePlus Watch
- OnePlus 3
- OnePlus 9E
- OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus 2
- OnePlus X
- OnePlus One
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G
- OnePlus 10R 150W
- OnePlus Nord N20 SE
- OnePlus Nord 2T
- OnePlus 5
- OnePlus 3T
- OnePlus 5T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 6T McLaren
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 10R
- OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 10T
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 8 5G (T-Mobile)
- OnePlus 10 Pro
- OnePlus Ace
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G
- OnePlus 8 5G UW (Verizon)
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8T+ 5G
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G
- OnePlus Nord N100
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 9RT 5G
How to Fix Common OnePlus Phones Issues?
Are you having trouble with your OnePlus Phones? Maybe it’s not charging properly, the screen is cracked, or it just doesn’t seem to be working right.
In this article, we will go over some of the most common OnePlus Phones issues and how to fix them.
Note: We at www.evolvearenas.com doesn’t have any responsibility if things go wrong at any point. Go ahead and check out how to fix common issues in OnePlus Phones right now.
High Battery Drainage Problem in OnePlus Phones
In the OnePlus Phones case, you are getting a top-notch processor, which can easily handle any multi-tasking, long gaming sessions, and heavy usage in a pretty smooth manner.
The power-hungry cores need an enormous amount of battery juice to provide top-notch results, which eventually leads to faster battery drain.
You might have also noticed this in your user experience as the phone doesn’t even survive more than five hours of screen time.
There are some other cases such as you are not using the original OnePlus charger too. So, here’s the method to fix the fast battery drain issue on OnePlus Phones.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Battery Draining Fast?
- Go to settings → Battery → Show full device usage, to check screen time.
- Turn Off the Auto brightness feature from the settings menu.
- Open Settings → Apps → uncheck Show Notification of useless apps.
- Turn Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and mobile hotspot.
- Reduce screen time to less than a minute.
- Check out official software updates.
- Don’t overcharge the phone.
Screen Gets Stuck & Unresponsive in OnePlus Phones
You have purchased the OnePlus Phones for a smooth user experience and seamless touch response. But sometimes, you will notice that the screen will be stuck and doesn’t move after several swipes.
The display might have been damaged so why you are facing unresponsiveness on the screen.
If that’s the case, try to replace the product or ask for a refund if the device is under warranty period.
But before you dive into all of that hassle, let’s try some tricks to solve the screen response problem.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Keeps Freezing?
- Simply Restart your phone using the Power button.
- You can also Boot your phone into Safe Mode.
- Install the Display Tester app to examine the screen properly.
- The last step will be to Factory Reset the device.
OnePlus Phones Stuck on Boot Screen
It’s quite an unusual thing that your phone might get stuck on the boot screen. Possibly, it occurs due to two following reasons.
First, if the device has some bugs, which is causing the problem. In the second case, you have tried to unlock the bootloader to flash custom ROM.
But, you don’t unlock the bootloader in a precise manner. Generally, this issue is known as boot loop, and it requires skilled technician help.
So, if it’s the second case, we highly recommend you seek a professional to solve this matter.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Stuck on Boot Screen?
- Long press the Power + Volume Up button to turn off the phone, then restart it.
- Secondly, you can try to Boot into the Safe Mode.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware update.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone.
- Delete all of the data using Hard Reset.
- Visit your nearest OnePlus care center.
Overheating Problem in OnePlus Phones
Overheating issues can occur due to various reasons. But, the most common scenario is that you have overcharged the device or are playing games for a few hours.
Apart from this, some users notice heat on the back panel.
Here are the following tricks from which you can easily avoid heating issues on OnePlus Phones.
How to Fix Heating Issue in OnePlus Phones?
- Don’t overcharge the device and use the original OnePlus charger.
- You can reboot the system by clicking on following the restart process.
- Deactivate Wi-Fi, GPS location, and Bluetooth when not needed.
- Close all of the unnecessary background apps.
- Lastly, you can check for the system update.
Trouble Connecting to Wi-Fi in OnePlus Phones
Nowadays, the internet has become an integral part of our life in which we can’t live without it in a single instance.
Besides this, you will obtain various information and amazing memes that will make your day happy. But for some reason, the phone isn’t able to connect with the Wi-Fi.
In that situation, you can run down to the quick fix options for the OnePlus Phones Wi-Fi connection. Here are the methods!
How to Fix OnePlus Phones WiFi Issue?
- Reboot the system to refresh the connectivity settings.
- Make sure that you are in the Wi-Fi range.
- Forget the Wi-Fi network and then reconnect it.
- Change if there’s any problem with the Router or Modem.
- Examine the connecting cable of Wi-Fi thoroughly.
- Finally, you can try to Reset Network Settings.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Keeps Disconnecting from Wifi?
If the Wi-Fi is still disconnecting even after resetting the network settings, then you can try out the following method.
- Press and Hold the Wi-Fi options.
- Tap on the Settings button of the preferred network.
- Select View More choice.
- Change IP settings from DHCP to Static.
- Finally, try to re-connect to the preferred network.
Apps Not Downloading from Google Play Store on OnePlus Phones
Generally, you won’t face any difficulties to update and installing apps through Google Play Store.
However, if you are getting troubleshooting during the installation or updating process, the following section will provide quick solutions.
So, without any further ado, let’s begin!
How To Fix OnePlus Phones Won’t Install or Update Apps in Google Play Store?
- Check the Internet connection speed.
- Restart the device to fix this issue.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Google Play Store → Storage → Clear data and Clear cache
- If the above step doesn’t work out, you have to Force Stop Google Play Store app.
- Settings → General Management → Date and time → activate Automatic date and time.
- Check whether the device has enough internal storage or not.
- Remove all of the google accounts and sign in with your primary Gmail account.
Bluetooth Issues on OnePlus Phones
In the old days, Bluetooth was the sole medium to transfer data wirelessly. But nowadays, Bluetooth is severe to connect different devices.
Though, it’s quite a common problem that it doesn’t connect Bluetooth to a new device.
You don’t need any hassle as we have covered all of the tricks that will help you connect Bluetooth to OnePlus Phones in a pretty simple manner.
How to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problem on OnePlus Phones?
- Bring down the notification bar → switch off Bluetooth and then reconnect it
- Enable the Airplane Mode from the notification panel and turn it off.
- Restart your OnePlus Phones once.
- Unpair the device and again search the device.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Filter options → enable show system apps → Bluetooth → Storage → Clean Cache.
- Check if the device is compatible with your phone.
- Try to connect with another smartphone or Bluetooth device.
- You can also try to Reset Network Settings.
- Update to the latest firmware update.
Text Messages Not Sending in OnePlus Phones
The Android ecosystem has various apps from which you can communicate with your loved ones without any hassle.
Besides this, you can start a conversation with your friends and family.
But for some reason, the text (SMS) message is not sent to the contact or you are getting any troubleshooting. In that case, follow this guide.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Can’t Send Text (SMS) Messages?
- First, restart your device.
- Make sure SIM is inserted properly.
- Check the cellular network connection.
- Confirm that the carrier plan has outgoing SMS service.
- Long press on Message App → Tap on Force Stop.
- Delete Message App Data and Cache memory.
- Reset Network Settings to easily send text messages.
- If the above trick doesn’t work, contact your service provider.
Here is the method to Clear the Message App cache and data
- Press and hold the Message App.
- Tap on the App info.
- Click on the Storage → Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Network Problem in OnePlus Phones
It’s a pretty common problem that the OnePlus Phones are not showing network such as No Network Available or Unregistered SIM card, in that case, you can check out the following steps.
How to Fix Internet not working on OnePlus Phones?
- Reboot your OnePlus Phones smartphone.
- Re-insert SIM Card to activate networks from start.
- Enable and disable the Airplane mode to restrict networks for a few seconds.
- Enter into the Safe Mode to avoid third-party app access.
- Reset the Network Connection settings.
Here are some Advanced options.
1. Check Device Network Settings
- Open the Settings app.
- Network & Internet → Mobile Network.
- Advanced → Look for “Automatically select network” and turn it ON.
2. Turn OFF the “Roaming mode”
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on the Network & Internet → Mobile Network.
- Uncheck the “Roaming” option.
OnePlus Phones Camera Issues
The camera app sometimes doesn’t work and is stuck on the camera app screen and doesn’t take photos.
Moreover, the native camera app glitches while capturing your life moment. Aside from this, camera issues can occur due to bug issues too.
In that scene, we will recommend you follow the solution section.
How to Fix Camera Issues on OnePlus Phones?
- Go to the Setting menu.
- Pick the App management.
- Look for the Camera app.
- Head toward the Storage option.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Come back and click on Force Stop.
- Look for the latest Android update.
- Factory Reset the phone.
OnePlus Phones Suddenly Turn OFF and Not Turning ON
The problem usually occurs when the firmware has some sort of bugs or malware. It could also happen if the internals of the smartphone is damaged.
In the worst-case scenario, you have to take your device to the nearest service center to Turn On OnePlus Phones once again.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Keeps Turning OFF randomly?
- Check whether the phone has any physical or liquid damage.
- Apply Force Restart by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key.
- If it doesn’t work, connect the device to charge and then try Force Restart.
Note: If the physical or software damage, we recommend you to visit a professional ASAP.
OnePlus Phones Keeps Restarting
The OnePlus Phones is a decent smartphone and the company does a phenomenal job bringing impressive features.
But if you’re device keeps restarting again and again, then it probably due to firmware or UI settings.
If the device is under warranty period, we suggest you replace your unit as soon as possible. But before that, you can try to fix this problem using the following guide.
How to Fix OnePlus Phones Keeps restarting Issue?
- Boot the device into the Safe mode.
- Plug into the Charger and Force Restart smartphone.
- Reset all of the Settings for a smooth experience.
- Last but not least, you can try Factory Reset too.
Ghost Touch Issue on OnePlus Phones
The OnePlus Phones have the best display in the market and they deliver an immersive user experience.
Although, some users have noticed that the screen is reacting atomically without giving any touch command. This problem is known as Ghost Touch.
Usually, it occurs due to firmware-related bugs and malware, while it also depends on the unit. Here are some quick fixes that will help you to fix this issue.
How to Fix Ghost Touch on OnePlus Phones?
- First of all, you can try to restart your device.
- Remove back-cover to avoid accidental touch.
- Turn ON Accidental touch protection from Display settings.
- Tun Off Touch sensitivity ( Settings → Display).
- Change the Navigation bar to Swipe gestures.
- Update all of the System Apps.
- Check for the software patch updates.
- Finally, Factory Reset device.
OnePlus Phones GPS Not Working
GPS makes our lives pretty simple and convenient when you are looking for a particular location.
Although, if you are facing any trouble using the GPS, then check out the following walkthrough.
How to Fix GPS Not working Issue in OnePlus Phones?
- Turn Off and On GPS location button.
- Switch On and Off Airplane Mode.
- Disable the Power Saving mode.
- Go to Settings → Location → Mode → High accuracy mode.
- Clear Data and Cache of Google Maps.
OnePlus Phones Slow Charging
If you are using a faster charger for a while, you will notice a difference eventually if the phone is being charged slowly. It could be due to defaulted charger or overheating issue.
Here are some tips to solve the slow charging issues.
How to Fix Slow Charging Issue on OnePlus Phones?
- Replace with a new charger.
- Clean the debris inside the charging port.
- Upgrade the latest OS for stable charging.
- Verify whether you are using the original Type-C cable.
- Only use the original Charger for faster charging.
- Confirm if the port is damaged.
- Change the power outlet.
Apps crashing and freezing on OnePlus Phones
It’s a pretty common scenario where the app froze and forcefully stop working in the android ecosystem smartphones.
But if you are facing app crashing problems constantly, then here are some tutorials to fix this issue to some extent.
How to fix OnePlus Phones App Freezing problem?
- Force Reboot your OnePlus phone.
- Ensure that you are using the latest OS version.
- Go to settings → Apps → Select the freezing app → Storage → Clear Cache & Data.
- If the above step doesn’t work, attempt to Factory reset.
Can’t Download Images from WhatsApp on OnePlus Phones
Not being able to download WhatsApp images could occur due to numerous reasons.
But the most common reason would be an unstable internet connection or malfunction in the app storage settings.
To overcome this situation, you can do the following things.
- Check the internet speed and make sure have a proper data plan.
- Turn Off/On Wi-Fi and cellular data connection.
- Ensure that the Date and Time are configured precisely.
- Allow all of the necessary permission for WhatsApp.
- Head to Settings → Apps → WhatsApp → Storage → Clear Data & Cache.
Common Troubleshooting Steps for OnePlus Devices
You can try the below troubleshooting steps to fix most of the device problems. By applying these steps, you may be able to get your phone back up and running in no time!
Reboot your OnePlus Phones
- Long press the Power Button.
- Select the Restart option.
Hard Reboot your OnePlus Phones
- Press and Hold Volume Down and Power key for 10 seconds.
Boot your OnePlus Phones into Safe Mode
- Press Power Button for a few seconds.
- Select the Safe Mode option.
- That’s it!
Backup Data on OnePlus Phones
- Settings → Accounts & Backup.
- Click on Back up data.
- Press on Backup by Google One switch.
Choose the preferred Gmail account from the top-right side.
Factory Reset OnePlus Phones
- Open the Settings Menu.
- Pick the General Management.
- Tap on the Reset option.
- Factory Data Reset → Click on Reset.
- Finally, press Delete all.
Reset Network Settings on OnePlus Phones
- Go to the Setting app.
- Tap on the General Management.
- Click on the Reset choice.
- Reset Network Settings → Reset Settings.
- Lastly, tap on the Reset and Confirm.
Wipe Cache Partition on OnePlus Phones
- Long press the Volume Down + Power button to turn off the phone.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Up + Power key.
- Release all buttons when the OnePlus logo appears.
- Navigate using Volume keys and select wipe cache partition by Power key.
- Then, select Reboot System Now.
- That’s it!
In conclusion, it is important to be aware of the common issues that OnePlus phones may have, and how to fix them. OnePlus phones are prone to screen ghosting, battery drain, and overheating.
There are several ways to fix these issues, including adjusting the screen timeout setting, turning off battery optimization, and using a phone case. By following these tips, you can help keep your OnePlus phone in good working condition.